Tiny Mediabook - Laptop advice

Chris Sandy 23:06 06 Feb 2005

Hi, im thinking of buying the above for £869, its a AMD64 3000 processor with 512mb of DDR RAM and 128mb ATi Radion 9700 graphics card. Have been searching to see if there are any other laptops in this price range with the same sort of spec but none seem to unless you are spending £999+.

I have read other threads re Tiny and people seem to be pretty down on Tiny but I was just wondering if anyone out there has one of these laptops and what they think?

If not, anyone got any comments or advice on who else I should have a look at?

Diodorus Siculus 07:42 07 Feb 2005

Tiny seems to come under fire for its lack of support rather than the quality of its hardware. Have you factored in the cost of recovery disks and delivery into the final price?

Given the huge number of machines that Tiny produce, I don't think that they have a bad record. Having said that, I prefer to deal with a company that has a better track record in customer service.

Total Care Support 14:46 07 Feb 2005

Hi Chris Sandy,

If you have any questions I can help you with please feel free to drop me a mail.

Diodorus Siculus has hit the nail on the head with his comment regarding the number of machines shipped, at last count we where one of (if not the) largests suppliers of computers in the UK as I have posted else where as far as we are away we have the lowest DOA rate of any manufacturer in the UK, usually below 1% and we have proceedures in place to bring this figure lower.

I also have to agree with him with regard to the factoring in the costs for everythign before you decide, ensure that the cost of your total package is realistic to what you are getting, include the extras you want or feel you might need, then look around we are confident that you will find us very competitive.

My email address is changing as of the 1st of march however until then you can get me either on my old address [email protected] or the new address [email protected]

best regards to all

Daniel Warren,
Granville Technology

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?