Tiny Computers

dongading 10:14 09 Sep 2004

I'm looking to buy a new PC system up to £1000. Toys R Us Cybermax P4 3.6 ghz with 17" TFT monitor looks pretty nifty and almost gets my vote but...........

I am also drwarn to

click here Then enter e code 01182 (sorry can't get the hyperlink to work)

Tiny 5-3500 PCI Express £799 + delivery. It has aP4 530 proc. 1024 ddr ram, 400 gb hdd, etc

Trouble is Tiny never seem to be in the top 10 lists and they have had a poor reputation with their customer servce.

Some advice would be appreciated here before I part with my cash. By the way the machine is not really for gaming but mainly arbitraging online with the exchanges which takes up a lot of system resources.

Cheers

Chris

Magik ®© 10:43 09 Sep 2004

you seemed to have answered your own question about Tiny, no back up software, and a £1 minute for help, nothing worse than waking up in the cold grey light of morning knowing you have done a wrong un.............

spuds 13:02 09 Sep 2004

Toys'R'Us computers are from the Medion stable. They have good specification, sound prices and reasonable Medion aftercare back-up.Toys'R'Us are only the selling agent and you will find that their staff have very limited computer knowledge.

The 'new' Tiny are still a softly softly approach, due to 'I suspect' past 'old' Tiny company procedures. Some customers are still a little suspect as to specifications and expensive helpline assistance. You will also find that complaints about installed software are in various forums, and it may pay to look into this further.

Why not look at some of the latest Dell special offers, which are advertised on a regular weekly basis on-line and in the media. You will find that some of the deals cover the same specification machine but the price procedures and differences can vary quite considerably, depending on the advert placement and location.

BITS&BOBS 14:00 10 Sep 2004

click here no need to look any further.

£1k will get you a monster here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?