Tiny computer BIG Problems

MadTurk 09:39 07 Jan 2006

At the beginning of November I bought a Tiny pc the deal looked good but how looks can decive. When I unpacked my PC there was a gap in the front of the tower wher my card reader SHOULD have been After setting the machine up I was unable to shut it down on the rare occasion I managed to get through on the help line I had to do a disc recovery. Now I find I have no speakers no sound and other problems I tried to get through on the help line kept on hold for 45 mins being told repeatdley that thepreffered way of communication was e mail after 2 months and countless e mails I still have NOT managed to make contact with Tiny / savastore / watford electronics or whatever other name they are using. Can anyone please advise me what to do I am at my wits end I have had a promis via e mail in Nov of a £27 refund for the card reader byt nothing since HHEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP

Hamish 10:22 07 Jan 2006

See if there is anything here that can help click here

961 10:46 07 Jan 2006

Reject the computer as unfit by writing to the registered office of the company and sending by special delivery demanding a full refund

If you paid by credit card or Visa debit card contact the card company.

spuds 11:37 07 Jan 2006

As suggested by 961, and what is constantly stated on many occasions within this forum and many other outlets. If you paid by credit card or direct finance arrangements, then contact your finance provider, and let them sort it out.

jack 15:54 07 Jan 2006

Puzzle - Tiny is dead int it?
Did not some other big outfit pick up the pieces?
Watford Electronics or SavaCentre or some such
Where did you get yours from?

Mr Mistoffelees 16:30 07 Jan 2006

Suggest you read MadTurk's post properly.

BigMoFoT 18:09 07 Jan 2006

He's asking where it was purchased - you should read the post properly as well...

MadTurk 18:22 07 Jan 2006

I purchased online from Tiny / savastore / watford electronics not sure who is who. Thanks for all your suggestions I have sent a letter to savastore not hopeful of a reply will keep you posted and once again thanks

v1asco 22:22 09 Jan 2006

He bought at the beginning of November. When did Tiny dissapear?

This thread
click here
gives Watford as taking over early October.

and I never know if its Watford/savastore although both seem to get mentioned a lot.

Bugle

xania 13:21 11 Jan 2006

Savastore are a division of Watford Electronics. They claim to save you money - hence the name - but don't expect them to save you trouble. The only time I ever got any sort of satisfaction from them was when I actually visited the store to sort out my problem. Otherwise, forget it. Promises, promises, but until Mr. Jessa gets a Service Management transplant, that's all you'll get. Frankly, I would use the site to price items, but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER would I buy from them. Hope this statement doesn't breach any guidelines, FE, but I speak from personal experience and being in the position that Luton is not too far from Egdware.

WhiteTruckMan 10:48 12 Jan 2006

Time/tiny pc's still being on sale in woolworths quite some time (no pun intended!)after granvilles went belly up. Old stock, perhaps, and I have no idea if woolworths bought them or were supplied on a sale-or-return basis, but IMHO it would have to be a brave individual who bought one, especially as in the last few weeks they were literally slapped together.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?