TimeUK.com

HondaMan 13:08 10 Feb 2006

Anyone seen their advert in April's PCA?

"Over 19 years experience in European IT market place"
"Time products have consistently won industry awards...."

How come? Its a new company - isn't it???

It seems that the new company is trying to trade on the "good" points of the old, so ,lets be fair and include the bad points as well!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:10 10 Feb 2006

The people running the new company have probably had more than 19 years experience and some are from the 'old' Time so I do not see any problem. Give them a chance before aiming the missiles.

G

pj123 17:27 10 Feb 2006

I agree with GANDALF <|:-)>, give them a chance.

But, "Once bitten, twice shy" comes to mind here.

Remember Powerhouse? Collapsed in 2003, seem to be up and running as of January 2006 but gone again in February 2006.

click here

People do remember!

961 17:38 10 Feb 2006

The idea that one can take the goodwill, such as it is, and the assets of a company that has gone into liquidation or receivership, but leave the debts and the warranty laibilities and all other detritus for others to shoulder strikes me as totally unfair

In particular, awards won by the old company should die with the company and to try to claim them as relevant in current advertising is wrong

jack 18:02 10 Feb 2006

It does seem a valid point that a new firm having aquired the rights to the name of a firm that has ceased trading, should not be allowed to 'trade' on the alleged good points of the old one, or if they do. they must assume the mantle of the previous firms warrenty liabilites.
Perhaps a letter to Advertising Standards may be in order.
See also click here

Ikelos 18:55 10 Feb 2006

like anything else on the market, punters will say they look good and hence buy one, those that know a bit about PC's would know better and give them a wide berth.. and no doubt in time the whole lot will go down the kermit once more.

rdave13 19:24 10 Feb 2006

Well I for one wish them luck.They will provide much needed jobs and maybe this time the company will be run better having learnt from past experience.

Totally-braindead 21:25 10 Feb 2006

I'm kind of in the middle here. I do wish them luck and will wait and see how they fair but saying they have 19 years experience and have won awards is to me a bit out of order. If they were the same company that won these awards then they would have to be the ones to honour the warranties. Since they are a different company and do not have to honour any warranties I feel that its wrong for them to make these claims.
It seems to me as if they are wanting it both ways which I think is wrong.

Harpur 21:50 10 Feb 2006

is there not an onus on the advertising space providor to validate such claims. if it was libelous it would not be printed, so why print a blatant untruth.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:54 10 Feb 2006

Rdave13 is writing the most sense that I have read in a long time.

G

Stuartli 19:02 11 Feb 2006

>>Collapsed in 2003, seem to be up and running as of January 2006 but gone again in February 2006.>>

Powerhouse was up and running again some 12 to 18 months ago at its store in my area - but it's one company I would never had dealt with under the circumstances.

The same, I'm afraid, would be the same for Time, no matter who has taken over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?