TIME - As in wasting mine!

Neutered 16:19 27 Oct 2004

I recently bought an external 3.5 drive with a USB connection. Upon receipt I noticed the driver CD related to Windows 98. Having read the information on the box it would appear that Windows 2000 is also catered for.

When I ordered the above external drive, I automatically assumed (naively)? that Windows XP would be catered for. My reason for assuming this was because TIME's description of this device was minimal ie basic description and a price tag of £24.99 plus £4.99 postage.

Before using the drive on my laptop, I decided to contact TIME and spoke to a female who spoke at 99 words a minute and transferred me through to their technical line (£1.00 per minute) despite my stating that I only wanted to know if their drive would work with Windows XP on my laptop.

I spent 5 minutes listening to `musak' whilst waiting for a human to talk to me.

The drive in question is a Mitsumi. Have any Forum members bought this, and if so, does it work with XP Home Addition?

bvw in bristol 16:29 27 Oct 2004

USB external hard drives work fine with XP, you won't need any extra drivers as XP has them already.

Just plug it in to a USB port and XP will recognise it after a few seconds.

Neutered 16:41 27 Oct 2004

I'll give it a go. Didn't know Bristol had telecommunications, let alone Internet access! LMAO...

Neutered 16:44 27 Oct 2004

Couldn't resist! ))))))))))

bvw in bristol 16:52 27 Oct 2004

Good luck :)

Neutered 17:03 27 Oct 2004

You're a champion! Look forward to hearing that Bristol has finaly got Broadband! :-)))

bvw in bristol 17:31 27 Oct 2004

I take it all is up and running OK :)

Whilst I'm sure Time provide an excellent £1 per minute service, may I suggest if you have any further questions/queries etc you post them here first.

You'll save yourself a few £'s and get a response quite quickly as well.

Must sign off now as I'm on a pedal-up connection here and I'm worn out ;)

Neutered 17:45 27 Oct 2004

Advice taken...Happy Dreams!

anchor 09:52 28 Oct 2004

Good advice from bvw in bristol.

Post here before contacting exorbitantly priced support lines. You could have got it cheaper from Savastore. P/P less too.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone