TIME don't deliver after one mont. Some advice.

nerawan 14:12 31 May 2004

Hi...The 29 of april I bought a Laptop from Time and pay with a Debit Card. That was a promocion I saw in a magazine and I was the first customer.
Today after 1 month and 2 days I haven't got anything. I called them and went to the store but only say because it was a promotion the get many orders and can't supply them. I think that is a stupid excuse, if they make a promotion they should be prepared for that. Besides that ,this laptop is offered normally every day with the ads. in the newspapers.
I was advised like many people to stay away from this cia. and TINY but I wanted to give a chance but it has been a bad begining. Apart from other issues I have been reading like how to get rid of Supanet and not having a c.d. restore. I was offer one for 69 pounds. I said for that money I almost can buy XP home.
My question is. Is there any way I can cancelled that order although they took the money inmediately?...What are my rights when things like these happens ?....Thanks.
And future customers beware of this. I am not the first customer having a problem with this cia.

Falkyrn 14:47 31 May 2004

What delivery time did they quote to you ... normally for Time they say 6 weeks

If however the delivery date has already passed and they are now saying that they are unable to provide a reasonable date for delivery you then (in my opinion) have grounds for cancelling.

Put your complaint in writing (keep a copy for yourself) and post this to the company headquarters givng them a reasonable (you decide) timeframe to complete your order failing which you seek a complete refund from the company.

The problem for you is that you paid by debit card Had you paid by credit card you would have had added protection as the CC company would have had joint liability.

mezzanine 14:55 31 May 2004

"PC and Notebook systems are despatched within 5 - 14 working days from payment clearance"

spuds 15:41 31 May 2004
  Al94 16:11 31 May 2004

Good luck with your challenge with Time. I'm sure it will work out in time (pardon the pun) but it highlights the issue of using debit cards when purchasing goods, no one should ever do this, its just like sticking a wad of cash in a retailers hand and you have no protection whatsoever, click here.

Also shows a worrying procedure by Time in that they debited your account knowing they were not in a position to fulfil the order.

If you have the cash in your account and have credit cards, far better to "load up front" your credit card account and then used the card to give you full protection against this sort of thing.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:25 31 May 2004

'Apart from other issues I have been reading like how to get rid of Supanet and not having a c.d. restore.'...getting rid of Supanet is easy and you will have a restore partition on the laptop..I assume that you had done your research and realised that, like many suppliers, they do not give out a CD.

G

961 16:26 31 May 2004

Write to their head office by Special Delivery (registered)post giving them 7 days to either deliver the goods or refund the money to your account

Advise the debit card bank of your problem

Mister Splendid 16:39 31 May 2004

Look at this from the DTI click here This relates to the distance selling regulations. Based on this you appear to have a strong case for cancelling and demandiing a refund.

Mister Splendid 16:42 31 May 2004

Looking again at your post I see you went to the store. Did you go to the store to buy or did you buy online or via the phone? If you bought in a Time store the above post will not apply.

pj123 17:04 31 May 2004

Sorry meant to say check this previous thread click here

pj123 17:06 31 May 2004

Except it doesn't seem to work, try this one. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone