time for a decent keyboard on a laptop

DannyOH 12:29 09 Nov 2007

Given the need for lightness, and so, thinness, in a laptop, we are unlikely ever to see a true "ergonomic" keyboard on one. Still, that is no reason for being deliberately backward.

We learned more than ten years ago that straight keyboards cause wrist strain--and as for baby-finger-sized keys, well....

Now that laptops have reached the whopping great 19" screensize, isn't it about time manufacturers considered designing-in man-sized--also, split and ergonimically angled--keyboards?

ATB,
Phrixos

DannyOH 12:30 09 Nov 2007

oops!

Stuartli 17:49 09 Nov 2007

>>We learned more than ten years ago that straight keyboards cause wrist strain...>>

For touch typists, yes; for two fingers typists, no.

Forum Editor 19:16 09 Nov 2007

an IBM ThinkPad - more correctly a Lenovo ThinkPad, but you know what I mean. I had one a few years back, and fell for the keyboard, so I was delighted to see that the new one has the same superb keyboard, undoubtedly the best on any laptop I've ever used, and I've used a few in my time.

I am Spartacus 20:43 09 Nov 2007

If you can use an external keyboard instead then either the Enermax Aurora click here or the Logitech click here are fantastic.

I have both and generally use the Enermax for work as it has a numeric keypad but prefer the Logitech for non-work use as the key action is slightly better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?