TIME COMPUTERS CUSTOMER SERVICE????

british bulldog 18:17 18 Jun 2003

9 WEEKS WITHOUT MY COMPUTER AND STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE AT TIME TO CONTACT ME,OR AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM,AT THE MOMENT TRADING STANDARDS ARE TRYING TO SORT THIS OUT BUT YOU WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD TRY TO AVERT ALL OF THIS HASSLE BY TRYING TO REACH AN AGREEMENT OVER THIS MATTER.AND IM A TIME COVER GOLD CUSTOMER!!ID HATE TO THINK HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO TRY AND SORT A PROBLEM LIKE THIS OVER THE PHONE AT £1 A MINUTE,THE AVERAGE PHONECALL BEING 30 MINUTES.HOW MUCH LONGER AM I TO BE WITHOUT MY COMPUTER ANOTHER 9 WEEKS?HOPEFULLY IT CAN BE SORTED OUT BY TRADING STANDARDS,IF NOT IT LOOKS LIKE SMALL CLAIMS COURT.ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY DONT VALUE OR CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.AM I ALONE,SOMEHOW I DONT THINK SO!

Time Group - Chris 18:25 18 Jun 2003

Hi there,

A member of my team is already looking into this for you.

I'll make sure that this is sorted tomorrow.

Cheers - Chris

british bulldog 18:48 18 Jun 2003

thankyou for your help,its just a pity that time group as a whole arent as helpful.looking forward to a response.cheers

The Spires 19:05 18 Jun 2003

Time must have some sort of auto-scan system running on this site.

I am a little concerned as I am just in the process of buying a machine from them, not so sure now.

acfc 07:59 19 Jun 2003

I was looking for a second computer last week. I spoke to the only person I know with a Time PC and then checked out this site. After that Time was certainly NOT on my list ( I chose Dell and it's due today ~ I wait with bated breath)

MichelleC 08:25 19 Jun 2003

In defence of Time, I still use 1 after 4 years and it's still going strong.

acfc, I don't want to put you off but Dellboy has a much worse reputation than Time for non-support.

TBH1 09:01 19 Jun 2003

I think Time, as well as Dell, are more than capable of making very good machines - -I don't think thats in dispute. Its just that when one goes wrong, or has problems from the start, it is very difficult indeed to get the problems resolved. Their "Customer Care" leaves a lot to be desired, if threads on this, and other, forums are to be believed.
This "Customer Care", I'm afraid, is enough to make me steer clear of both these companies.
Just my 2 penneth.

andr3w 09:43 19 Jun 2003

We too had big problems with Time in 1998. However, I do have to admit that once we got through on their helpline (that took 6 weeks!!) they sorted our problem out. The PC was fine until recently, when I think it just started to experience major organ failure. So, we're now looking to replace it..........Mesh look good!?

Gibbs 17:33 19 Jun 2003

Time have had a notorious record for technical support, so you're not alone.
As for the comparison between Dell and them, Dell are no where near that bad.

Take a look at simply, they have been great over the years, technical support has always been helpful and friendly, and theyre quite cheap as well.

british bulldog 18:45 19 Jun 2003

any news!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?