A Time to buy?

sjm_411 20:29 27 Mar 2006

Been looking at a lot of options in choosing a PC which will handle games (particularly Flight Simulator), dvds, music, re-writing, etc that will also be quite future proof with a 19" LCD BUT within a range of approx £650-£800!

Have come across this one from TimeUK.com which seems pretty good value for the spec:

click here

Have seen a couple of recent threads on Time, but would be grateful for any thoughts on this desktop or alternatives.

Many thanks........sjm_411

sjm_411 17:43 31 Mar 2006

Has anyone got any opinions or experience with the new TimeUK?

Thanks......sjm_411

anskyber 22:05 31 Mar 2006

You could read this as a start. click here

sjm_411 17:38 07 Apr 2006

Many thanks anskyber, an interesting read.

Anyone have any thoughts on this Time PC or suggest alternatives which meet my requirements? Or have recent experiences of buying from Time?

Thanks........sjm_411

SG Atlantis® 18:07 07 Apr 2006

click here

click here configure it with one year warranty and buy tft separately, not from them!

click here configure it urself to similar spec above.

click here

click here

click here

all similar, although the PCWorld doesn't have as good as graphics as the rest, but still ok.

It's very competitive, you'll get similar spec no matter where you go... Personally I'd let time pass by, it's tooooo soon IMO.

961 18:39 07 Apr 2006

Nothing is future proof I'm afraid, but that will be the same whenever you buy

Consider Evesham, PC World (saves a load of mail order hassle) or Mesh, with the proviso that if it don't work out of the box you send it back

Magic Hobo 18:41 07 Apr 2006

On the Time computer that you selected, it shows that it has only 1 Pci-e x16 slot, this means that it can only supports one graphics card and is not that futureproof as all new motherboards that come out now have two of these slots to run two graphics cards at once (SLI or Crossfire). Even though it shows that it has 1024mb of ram it is probably the cheapest stable stuff that they could find, as I found in my Time computer. However as the company has 'changed hands' then things might have changed, but I somewhow don't think so.

I beleive that you should build your own computer as the sense of self achievment at the end is great, plus, you get to understand better the workings of your computer. I recommend a site such as click here for your supplies. I've used them many times without any problems whatsoever.

sjm_411 15:48 09 Apr 2006

Cheers all for your thoughts. I like the look of the Time PC but agree that maybe it's a little to soon.

Also thanks SG Atlantis® for the links. Will take a look at Novatech but in the past they seem to be a bit over my budget. Not sure about Mesh having looked on this forum.

I'm also considering this one from Savastore:
click here

It's around my budget and (with my limited knowledge!) looks like a decent spec for my needs and would also welcome any comments. I also live near to their head office, so that may be handy for aftersales support!

Thanks once again for your help, it's much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?