Time

daddyg 14:32 10 Mar 2003

Time have agreed to repair my laptop, but require £34+ for collection and return. This is a hardware problem on a 6 months old machine. I have already spent £20 on calls to the help line And restored it to the factory defaults, the fault persists! What are my rights, new machine? money Back etc.

Thanks Geoff Gothard

Belatucadrus 18:09 10 Mar 2003

Quote from Times warranties & liabilities terms :-

"v) Any defect in or failure of the Goods during the warranty period shall be notified in writing forthwith and the Seller shall at its own expense and within a reasonable time thereafter repair or exchange the Goods. The Seller shall not be liable for the costs of carriage of defective Goods both to and from the Sellers premises."

click here to see the document. Welcome to the downside of a return to base warranty.

davidg_richmond 00:03 11 Mar 2003

i believe the sales of goods etc only requires the seller to cover cost of moving non-portable items such as televisions. did you order direct or from a shop? you have more rights if you phoned or net-ordered your original order under the distance selling act, this could help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?