Thumbs up for Samsung repair centre

Covergirl 12:28 02 Oct 2009

I sent away my 3.5 year old Samsung MP3 player for a new battery and a new toggle switch (worn due to excess use) and received it back this week.

I must say I'm impressed with the service and the cost.

£10 payable up front for them to have a look at it, so I sent it off to them (at my cost), they assessed the job, let me know the price and I confirmed they could go ahead.

One further phone call to take payment and the MP3 was back with me the day after.

I think the cost was reasonable at £40 (plus the initial £10 on top of that, so £50 all in).

I forgot to put the Returns number on the package so that caused a slight holdup - totally my fault - but otherwise I couldn't praise them enough.

Just thought I'd post a note of praise rather than the usual gripes . . .

mr simon 13:30 02 Oct 2009

With an MP3 player thats 3.5 years old and starting to deteriorate, I would have put the £50 towards a new one.

Covergirl 11:30 03 Oct 2009

. . . the only deterioration was on the battery and the toggle button which the £10 assessment was out to price up for repair. One doesn't throw out a torch or radio etc when the battery dies.

Anyhow it was a cutting edge 20GB radio/MP3/movie 3 years ago and cost c. £200 when it was new and has never let me down. That's hardly a disposable item in my books.

jack 10:19 04 Oct 2009

Accolade to Samsung service.
When my 9 m0nth old low used laser printer started showing fading- I called the service centre- after an initial hiccup providing proof of purchase, a service engineer attended- showed me how to detect a cartridge nearing end of life and organized a FREE replacement{It seems OEM carts are not fully charged].
Whilst discussing the wonders of a machine with such a small foot print- He took the time to strip the covers to demonstrate the compact design.
Well done Samsung.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017