Thread Titling

Goldcroft 13:42 12 Feb 2003

Very recently the Forum Editor asked for accurate thread titling to aid his search function problems.

What do we get today. "Finally Proof" from Pilch and "Come on Now - Play the Game" from Topcat, who even has the cheek to say "thought that title might get your attention". And "Shocking" from Elrond.

They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

nightporter 14:00 12 Feb 2003

Quite right - hang 'em!!

€dstow 14:18 12 Feb 2003

I don't normally look at posts with obscure titles as I believe the contents will be of the same importance as the title. As a special concession to you, Goldcroft, I did look at the posts you refer to.

My belief proved correct.

€d

Pilch.... 14:20 12 Feb 2003

I posted the finally proof whilst at university, in a quick break whilst looking round bbc site.

I am sorry if it confused you, but i would of put it into the games room if it was still here, but being that it isnt, i thought it was bit of a waste of an interesting link.....

Goldcroft 14:40 12 Feb 2003

Pilch. No one is interested in where you posted it or what you were doing at the time. Confusing me has nothing to do with it. How could any of that prevent you from giving it a title which in some way reflected the contents? The postings would seem to indicate that not many forum members are interested in games and we could have avoided opening it.

PS: Sorry Edstow for causing you also to waste your time. Enjoy your cakes and tea tomorrow afternoon.

Sir Radfordin™ 15:08 12 Feb 2003

I'm interested in what Pilch was doing and where he was!

So am i!

Goldcroft 15:24 12 Feb 2003

I've had another think. I feel an interest coming on now.

€dstow 15:29 12 Feb 2003

Cream cakes are on Fridays. Also it's wine, not tea!!:-))

€d

PC Advisor. 15:42 12 Feb 2003

OK - enough said.

Let's keep thread titling as descriptively succinct as possible. That way we can diagnose and solve your issue as quickly as possible.

watchful 15:43 12 Feb 2003

How about an award for 'best thread title?'

The one above - Singing Opera's Praises - stands a good chance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?