Thoughts for Disk Keeper Upgrade

scotmax 11:13 10 Nov 2006

Disk Keeper
Have been using Disk Keeper lite for some time now with complete satisfaction. Now considering the upgrade to Disk Keeper 2007.
Do any of the members have any first hand knowledge of this product in use, or of it's reviews. I would welcome feed back before making the final decision.
Tom

anskyber 12:11 10 Nov 2006

I use the current Diskeeper Home 10 which 2007 replaces. I think its really very good indeed. I have it on "set it and forget it" so it just purrs away in the background without any need for interuption from me.

I particularly like the "boot time " defrag which defrags the system files which cannot be defragged when the system is working.

My only reservation about upgrading now would be that the "read me" file does not mention support for Vista, it may well but some further investigation would be needed. If you do not plan to upgrade to vista it will not matter.

kdt 17:30 10 Nov 2006

i have been using disk keeper lite as well but this month's official xp magazine has o&o pro v4 free any ideas whether to switch?

Input Overload 21:43 10 Nov 2006

You might find O&O is very, very slow. IMHO Perfect Disk is way out in front of all the defraggers.

€dstowe 22:15 10 Nov 2006

Your first sentence is a strong indication that you don't have a need to change:

"Have been using Disk Keeper lite for some time now with complete satisfaction."

No point in changing just for the sake of it.

Snec 08:15 11 Nov 2006

I used Diskeeper Lite until purchasing Diskeeper9 in August 2004.

I have 2 HDDs in the machine plus 2 (partitioned and permanently on) external HDDs. I think it is a great bit of kit and I would not want to be without it now.

scotmax 12:18 11 Nov 2006

Thanks very much for all the input.
anskyber, very valid point maybe worth waiting to see how things move later on.

€dstowe, thank you for that, it struck a chord I'm not normally given to change for changes sake, I was just taken with the idea of it becoming more of a "background program" lazy attitude !!.

Think that I will put this on a back burner for the time being, and watch progress for the future.

Thanks everybody.
Tom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone