Thought for the day.

tippucat 21:23 27 Feb 2003

Hi all. Thought I would share an experience that I have had with downloading mobile tunes from the internet. Received my phone bill a couple of days ago and noted that it looked higher then usual but didn't really study it. Phoned my mobile company a short while ago on a totally unrelated matter but ended up talking about a new package. The guy on the phone was really helpful. He drew my attention to two call costs that totalled £9+. In addition, on the back of the bill was 17 mins of WAP calls = £1.67.

Trawling through the memory banks I then remembered downloading a tune off the 'net. It stated £1.50 per minute however it was all done on screen. I'm now somewhat bemused as to how this could have accrued £9 in calls.

The WAP calls are equally baffling as I have not set up an account however, as the phone is new I have fiddled with it. Apparently every time I hit a WAP related service it began charging.

Just a cautionary tale for the unwary.

Lú-tzé 21:42 27 Feb 2003

We all do bizarre things with new technology. A case in point: when I got my digital camera the first thing I did (accidently) was set the language to Japanese which I don't understand at all... it took a lot of trial and error to get it to a language I could understand.

My thought for the day: backup your data.

Spook Tooth 23:10 27 Feb 2003

Lol. Guess the manual didn't have that evidentuality covered either?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone