Thomson TG585 Router

yabeeb 15:51 25 Nov 2008

Hi

I am looking into getting internet installed at home. I am thinking of going with Zen as recommended by Which? magazine.

Zen supply a Thomson TG585 wireless router for £58 and reckon its a good model. When i asked about getting a different one they said they would only provide support with the one they sell.

Does anyone know if its any good and if its worth getting simply for the support? How easy are these things to set up? Should I go with one that recommended in PC Advisor/What Laptop instead??

MAJ 15:55 25 Nov 2008

You can get one click here for £46.

oldbeefer2 17:09 25 Nov 2008

I use one with a PC (wired) and laptop (wireless). It's been superb over the last year and, yes, very easy to set up. Also known as a Speedtouch.

oldbeefer2 17:12 25 Nov 2008

Cheaper here - click here - 'bout theI paid on ebay a year ago. price

oldbeefer2 17:13 25 Nov 2008

Finger trouble, but you know what I mean!

jellyhead 18:11 25 Nov 2008

You might like to read some of the comments on this forum, as it is the same one that is supplied by O2.
click here

oldbeefer2 18:35 25 Nov 2008

I hear what you say, jellyhead, but this router has (for me) been so much better than the Netgear I had before. No more drop-outs and consistent speeds (for ADSL) both wired and wireless - However, I do use the laptop downstairs which is not far from the router.

yabeeb 15:59 27 Nov 2008

Thanks. I have spoken to Zen and they will only give support if the router is purchased and dispatched by them. So cheaper dealers not an option if i want the support. Bit cheeky if you ask me...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?