Thinking about a dabs value tft.....

Mr Anderson 16:55 06 Jun 2003

Thinking about getting one of these for our receptionist who uses nothing but Word to type letters.

Any problems experienced?

At just under £150 plus vat it seems a bargain.

spuds 20:25 06 Jun 2003

Think this is a cloned AOC.If so,very good value.

TBH1 23:18 06 Jun 2003

are you worried about buying a TFT - - - or one from dabs ?? In my opinion, dabs are brilliant to deal with; however, I have never had to return anything to them - - -or try to contact them via phone. For what its worth, and I don't usually deal with Dixons / Curreys - - -I say a 17inch TFT in Dixons yesterday for £299 - - -just in case you wanna go 'that extra mile'.

Burtonswindow 23:32 06 Jun 2003

I got a 15" from Aldi (Medion)for 150 quid and it's brilliant, for me it's worth every penny.
Dabs only deal on the web these days, they used to have a retail shop at their base in Bolton but not any more, keep an eye out for Aldi and you could try Scan,

good luck.

Mr Anderson 12:02 07 Jun 2003

So its not dabs I am worried about as I know they have excellant service.
Was just wondering if the quality of the tft is good.

Thanks for all your comments guys.

behrouzn 14:35 07 Jun 2003

be careful with cheap TFTs as they are more likely to have dead pixels than higher models like the ctx 530

Rayuk 17:53 07 Jun 2003

When did they close the shop.
I know it moved from its original site to the warehouse further down the road,has this closed as well.
Seems strange,people will then just travel to Scan which is only down the road from them.

barrie_g 18:52 07 Jun 2003

Argos also do a 15" tft click here ok the price is £189 but you have 16 days to decide whether you like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?