There's many a time I've recommended..

Stuartli 22:00 12 Oct 2005

..Imation CD-Rs on these pages (produced by Taiyo Muden, regarded as one of the world's top media manufacturers and rebranded by Imation).

They've normally been on offer at £5.99 for a pack of 10 with cases or three packs for £10 at Morrisons, with write speeds having gone up from 32x to 48x and now 52x over the years.

However, went into Morrisons this morning and discovered that not only has the price been reduced to £3.99 a pack, but you now get four packs for that £10 note.

Superb media which has never produced a coaster for me over the last two years or so and all for 33p a disk including case and now, of course, reduced to 25p including case.

Joe R 22:09 12 Oct 2005

Stuartli,

I agree totally, I used to wait for Argos, when they had a decent sale on these disks, but when Morrisons opened a store nearby, I started buying the 20 set with jewel cases for £7.

I think i'll go back tomorrow for some at the new price. Thanks for the tip.

Al94 22:46 12 Oct 2005

Our Morrisons (all stores in N. Ireland) taken over by Asda, first opened this week. Must check them out.

Stuartli 23:09 12 Oct 2005

I would think that your Morrisons stores will be revamped as Asda rather than Morrison/Safeway.

esbe 14:27 13 Oct 2005

Went to my local Morrisons today with some £10 notes, but the 'Imation' were £3.99 for 10,or 20 for £7.00.

The only 4 packs for £10 were 'Maxell' in slimline cases (which were stacked beside the 'Imation').

I asked an assistant to double check,and after checking on her pc,etc,the offer was correct. Hmmm.

Anyway,thanks for info.

cheers.

Stuartli 15:06 13 Oct 2005

Definitely the Imation in my case - the area on which such products are displayed is quite small after being moved from the main aisles to near the newspapers/tobacco sales area.

ade.h 15:02 14 Oct 2005

I bought a cake box of 50 Imation 52-speed CD-Rs a while ago on Stuartli's recommendation. They are indeed very reliable and get used for making CDs of my WMA collection, when longevity and quality are vital.

However, this was after a bad time with Imation CD-RWs (which may well be from a different manufacturer). I would strongly recommend anyone looking for CD-RWs to avoid these. Despite being rated at upto 24-speed, they were rated by CD drives at 2 or 4 speed. It nearly put me off Imation altogether.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?