Tevryone tht helped me in

ray27 19:05 27 Nov 2003

I now have a new computer and it is working fine.

I still had problems with the new company but they were relativly minor

The wrong monitor and a different key board

It should have been a Logitech optical keyboard and mouse but instead they have now given me a Microsoft wireless multimedia keyboatd and optical mouse

There does not appear to be a caps lock light or f lock light on the keyboard or am I missing something can anyone advise.

Its only a small thing but I would find them usefull

I dont know if I am doing the right thing by asking in this forum should I post it as a new thread?

My thanks to evryone for all your advice that has got me back on track again

Forum Editor 19:29 27 Nov 2003

five wireless keyboards, and I'm not sure which one you have. None of them are described (by Microsoft) as a "Multimedia" keyboard - they're all called "optical desktop" sets.

I haven't used any of them (I want to try the new Bluetooth model, which looks superb), so I can't give you a definitive answer about lights. It's quite possible that they've done away with them on the optical models, and if you can't see them that must be the answer.

y_not 19:46 27 Nov 2003

My Logitec cordless keyboard does not have any lights on it (it would simply drain the batteries faster).

Each press of the caps lock key produces an "on-screen" message saying "Cap Locks On/Off" whichever it is.

Any time I'm unsure I just press it and watch the screen for the message.

Alternatively, you could go Start>Settings>control Panel>Accessibility Options>Keyboard and then check the "Use toggle keys" option. This will give a sound each time the Caps Lock key is pressed

ray27 08:10 28 Nov 2003

The keyboard I have is marked underneath "Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A" and the on screen instructions do state that a light will show when the Flock key is in operation.

Thats what is confusing me.

I supose its just another thing they seem to do to make things more complicated than they are

I will try and do what y-not sugests
Many Thanks Ray

ray27 08:12 28 Nov 2003

I dont know what happened to the wording of the title of this thread but it was ok when I posted it.

MESH Support 10:37 28 Nov 2003

You are correct regarding the traditional indicator lights on this keyboard.

The reason is as y_not stated for his Logitech keyboard, it would drain the batteries faster if the lights were present. In some user cases the light would be on almost permanently.

As the keyboard is supplied OEM we are not provided with the Intellitype software for distribution. You can obtain Intellitype Pro 5.0 from the following link; click here

Or if you drop me a line at [email protected] I can download it for you and post a copy out. I cannot at this time confirm whether the Microsoft software offers a similar on-screen feature to the Logitech one.

Davey
Technical Services

ray27 08:30 03 Dec 2003

I dont have a mesh anymore if only Mesh had been as helpfull as they appear to be now I would still be one of their customers
Many thanks RAY

johnnyrocker 11:00 03 Dec 2003

as usual late and not a clue mesh

johnny.

Stuartli 11:35 03 Dec 2003

I would have been very happy to have received a Microsoft keyboard...:-)

Probably made in the same factory (A4Tech?) as the Logitech as most are rebranded items in any case.

Mike D 14:14 03 Dec 2003

ray27

My Microsoft MUltimedia Keyboard has the lights for the Caps Lock, Num Lock and F-keys on the little transmitter thingy (looks like a donut).

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie