TEVION DVD+R STOCKED AT ALDI

SEASHANTY 20:04 04 Dec 2003

Has anyone tried out the new 5 pack DVD+R discs available from Aldi @ £6-99 per pack. I asked the manager at our local branch today why he had ONLY the "+" discs in stock and none of the "-", as the latter are more adaptable for use on domestic DVD players. He said he would enquire but he wasn't aware that there were two different types of recordable DVD discs!

TBH1 23:19 04 Dec 2003

on the whole, I have never had any problems with anything I have bought from Aldi, a case in point is the Southern Belle they sell for £7.99 - - -mmm mmmm delish - - almost as good as the real thing at maybe 60% of the price ( Southern Comfort).
For £6.99, you should buy these - - then post your conclusions here.

Stuartli 08:48 05 Dec 2003

Morrisons sells the Memorex versions of DVD media at very keen prices along with other forms of media, including Imation 48x and 52x CD-Rs, still at three boxes for £10 (30 CD-Rs with cases).

Some of the early Tevion CD-R packs (£3.99) were not always reliable with at least one coaster per pack, but seem to have been improved lately according to some of the websites.

SEASHANTY 15:09 05 Dec 2003

Haven't had any problems with the Tevion 40x CDR discs. Shame that they only have DVD+ discs in stock. I suppose that these were for users who purchased the new PC with its multiformat Pioneer DVD writer. Why they also did not supply the stores with DVD- amazes me. The latter are more compatible with domestic DVD players.

Gaz 25 16:59 05 Dec 2003

They are very good quality, never had a single bad burn with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017