Tesco - Acet laptop at £299

dms05 09:43 10 Jul 2006

I know the kids haven't even started their Summer Holidays but Tesco have some very good offers on Acer laptops in their 'Back to School' range.

Entry level Acer with 1.5Ghz Intel, 256Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD, WiFi, XP etc for £299.

Top of the range is a Dual Core Intel, 1Gb RAM, 100Gb HDD, DVD Writer, Built in web cam, WiFi, w/s TFT etc for £599.

All worth a look.

I've been using an Acer 64bit laptop for some months now and can confirm they are reliable and well built.

spuds 10:04 10 Jul 2006

Tesco's had these on special offer a few weeks ago, and stocks sold out quickly. So if you want one, check and perhaps buy now.

The Acer range of laptops have very good reviews, but it would appear, by this and other forums and computer magazines, that the after-sales side is not very good. People are complaining that the repair company who undertake Acer repairs could be improved considerably. One main grievance seems to be lack of communications.

Would mention though, that the last sell-out. Two friends purchased the Acer laptops (I just missed out), and Tesco's did state that they would deal with any problems to the satisfaction of the customer, when asked about aftercare. Another point, don't expect anyone at Tesco's to be computer savvy, they will most likely quote off the box. Fair due's, the customer service desk at my local Tesco's did offer to phone Acer for information (the next working day)at 9.00pm in the evening.

dms05 10:17 10 Jul 2006

Agree with you spuds. email technical support from Acer is poor but their products are very good. I had contact with Acer 'after care' and that was very swift and professional - I think Acer's market share has grown very quickly and they have expanded the after care facility.

Tesco are an ideal supplier for the technically able buyer. I'd prefer to have Tesco confronting a supplier for me than rely upon the likes of PC World to support my case!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?