Tech Guys, what an ordeal..

Parvez 18:27 08 Jan 2011

In July, I sent my laptop to be repaired. It took them a week to repair it and it was delivered but there was a problem again which mean I had to send the laptop again.

In December 2010, my laptop was losing connectivity, which mean it was not getting power. I called the Tech Guys and was told they will pick it up on the 15th of December 2010 which they did and they also confirmed that the laptop will be delivered on the 27th of December 2010. Since it is a time when office will be closed, I asked it to be delivered at my home address rather where it was picked up. I was told it is ok.

On the 27th of Dec, I got a phone call and unfortunately they have got the wrong address. I called the company and was told that the laptop will only be delivered where it was picked up and it would be the 29th of Dec 2010 between 0720-1120. I went and stand in the freezing cold for 4.5hrs but in vain. I spend 26 mins on the phone but was told to call the next day.

The next day, I called and they apologised and someone offers to give me £25. I didn't need the money but my laptop. I spent 95 minutes on the phone, yes 95 minutes to make sure it is delivered on the 3rd of Jan 2011 to my home address. On the 3rd, I got a phone call and guess what, they are 5 minutes away from my office. I called the company and they agreed to compensate me £100 with the promise it would be delivered on the 5th of Jan 2011.

On the 5th of Jan 2011, someone came to my house to wait for the laptop, guess what? it never came. I called the techguys and was told someone would get in touch with me. They were rude over the phone and would refused to get a manager on the phone. I put another complaint via email but heard nothing. On the 7th of January 2011, still no call from them? I called only to be told that now they will deliver the laptop on the 12th of January 2011.

In the meantime, I got told off by my boss for not submitting my work on time. I do private job like designing websites and networking solution but haven't delivered any jobs to which I will have to compensate. What kind of service is this? How come they got it wrong for so long and mainly after I have spent 95 mins on the phone with them?

It's just frustrating not to have my laptop, I wrote a complaint letter to their head office yesterday and demand my money be refunded. I pay £10 every month and has been doing so for 5 years? Disgrace and the customer service staff were the worst one I have met. It was so misleading. anyway I hope now I will get the laptop back..

rickf 21:52 08 Jan 2011

REad the other tread here and fire a letter to the CEO

Parvez 22:11 08 Jan 2011

Thanks, I have but what a nightmare!!

ajm 00:26 09 Jan 2011

If you have a moment, send me a message clicking the yellow envelope next to my name and I will try my best to assist you. ajm

Parvez 22:38 12 Jan 2011

It is getting from bad to worst.

After all the ordeal, I was told the laptop will be delivered on the 12th of January 2011. On the 11th of Jan 2011, i got a phone call from a lady calling to confirm that the laptop will be delivered on the 12th of Jan.

Again I arranged for someone to wait at home from 1200 to 1700 but guess what? Nothing happened..

Today, when I called them..they said it will be delivered on the 13th of January 2011..un-bloody-believable..

spuds 00:19 13 Jan 2011

If the item as not arrived by today, then take ajm up on his offer, by clicking on the yellow envelope beside his user-name. He as contacts who might help.

muergo2 20:09 19 Jan 2011

This thread could be of more interest and use, if we knew which company is involved here, why the secrecy or have I missed it somewhere?

HondaMan 20:26 19 Jan 2011

Tech Guys ?

tullie 20:35 19 Jan 2011

Just so you know what everyone else appears to know.click here

Parvez 21:40 19 Jan 2011

yeah it is Tech Guys.

I can't believe this treatment I received from them. I got the laptop on Saturday after a long argument. I wrote a letter of complaint to them two weeks ago and only got a call to ask if I got the laptop or not. No Apologies whatsoever...

Absolute disgrace

Parvez 11:05 01 Feb 2011

Just when I thought it was over..

For the past days, I have been using the laptop without battery. Today, I am giving a lecture and decides to use the battery for the first time. Guess what? the laptop is making a strange noise and the laptop which was running on battery before is not running even running on battery for 1 second..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires