Talktalk/AOL Webmail server failure

beebender 19:41 13 Mar 2008

Since 12/3/08 my broadband with Talktalk has completely failed and I am unable to send/receive or access my emails.

Other than changing my ISP does anybody have any info as to the source of the problem and how long it will take to fix?

This is pretty disasterous for both my wife and me who run small businesses via the web.

Would I be entitled to cancel my contract with Talktalk if this problem persists.

Any advice would be appreciated - I have tried using Outlook Express as suggested by Talktalk but it doesn't work.

TopCat® 20:33 13 Mar 2008

of TT areas with loss of service difficuties. TC.

click here

TopCat® 20:35 13 Mar 2008

Apologies, some area problems have been sorted! TC.

beebender 22:25 13 Mar 2008

Hi TC

Thanks for the info - I live in rural Suffolk which doesn't appear on the list and my signal is very weak anyway.

Have you any idea how long I will be off-line?

Thanks

beebender

TopCat® 22:26 13 Mar 2008

Sorry, I am not connected to TT, just a PCA member like you! TC.

Stuartli 00:10 14 Mar 2008

If you go to the AOL/TalkTalk home page, it states that there are problems with WebMail and that the necessary steps are being taken to solve the problem. See:

click here

As for actual broadband connections, my TalkTalk connection occasionally goes AWOL (usually from the early hours of the morning for short periods), which I put down to equipment upgrading at the exchange.

Tech Guy 06:58 15 Mar 2008

I work for talktalk and the Webmail is still down and so are the outgoing mail servers

Surpossed to of been fixed by Thursday gone.

bta1 17:50 16 Mar 2008

Beerbender

Hey, i live in rural suffolk i was out last night and last week and a couple of days before that etc.
I have the same problems as you with business suffering etc.

i asked to cancel my contract they woudn't have it becuase i am stuck therre until october 2009.

I did speak to an indian guy who said that at some point all of these problems will be resolved hopefully by the end of march everything will be back to normal.
He then suggested that there would be some compensation for people who ave been seriously affected by the servers cutting out.
But the irish guys don't suggest any such thing, and that we should just be a bit patient and it will all work out in the end.
I'm back up now, but just waiting for the next cut out.

bta1 17:52 16 Mar 2008

"Beerbender"

Sorry Beebender....not, not beerbender. That would be silly.

rdave13 18:10 16 Mar 2008

Hmm. AOL web mail running strong. No problems. If Talk Talk take over completely and this is the kind of service to expect then I'll be gone.

Stuartli 18:29 16 Mar 2008

Carphone Warehouse has stated that AOL will continue to have full autonomy.

Doesn't matter who the ISP is, there will always be problems of one sort or another at some time for individual providers..:-)

Not all that long ago since PlusNet was having a nightmare time whilst Sky, and others, have been mentioned in these forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?