talktalk lack of service

howard64 13:06 24 Oct 2006

I should have gone live by the end of August but did not get the request for the mac until 24th. It is not talktalk's fault that it took Bulldog 3 weeks to issue the code. I was disconnected from Bulldog in the first week of October and although tt tell me that my line is clear of the old equipment they either cannot or will not supply the service. Does anyone know how to get them to do it? I know it is my own fault for going over to them but it will save me £24 per month over my old phone line, calls and braodband package. As I am on a fixed pension this is a definite must have. I am using my daughters set up at the moment [she lives just round the corner from me] so I will be checking back every day. It would be handy to have a phone number that gets you through to someone that can deal with the problem rather than the lack of service centres in South Africa and India. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

oldbeefer2 13:23 24 Oct 2006

My daughter has been having loads of problems with talk talk and their customer support is diabolical. Despite poor speed, frequent disconections, imposibility to connect at all at weekends, TT have given zero help and yet refuse to let her leave the service. She is now in discussion with Offcom, and I don't think she is alone in this!

oldbeefer2 13:28 24 Oct 2006

p.s. - this thread might warn you off!
click here

howard64 10:57 19 Nov 2006

Well instead of being live by the end of August I actually went live on 16th of November. Not 1 call from talktalk "lack of" customer services to explain what the problem was but at least I now have a service. On a positive note the software to get going was simple to use and appears to be very effective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?