TalkTalk - here's a laugh!

TomG 18:50 19 Feb 2007

So,

My router packs up so I buy TalkTalk's wireless router because its quite cheap and they are my ISP.

It works OK but I thought, knowing Talktalk, I'd test the support. Phoned the number on the box (TalkTalk) yep seems Ok, quite helpful. So I next emailed broadband support - eh no we sell it but don't offer support, you will have to talk to the manufacturer!

So I says,

1) The only sticker on the router says Talktalk,
2)Sales of Goods Act says you sold it - you deal with the problems

Its gone very quite at the talktalk end.

dagbladet 19:21 19 Feb 2007

So is there anything wrong with it or are you just needlesly making the response time even longer for those with genuine problems?...if you don't mind me asking.

jakimo 19:23 19 Feb 2007

probably lost their voice with all that talking

TomG 19:33 19 Feb 2007

dagbladet - well yes there is a minor issue with it - but having previous experiance with talktalk I decided, before things get worse, to test the water, as they say. Its very unlikely that a couple of emails has added any extra waiting time to those with "genuine" problems.

jakimo - just maybe!

Forum Editor 19:38 19 Feb 2007

If TalkTalk sold you the router they're responsible to you if it has a fault.

It doesn't have a fault though, so you're wasting your time and theirs by phoning them. Best to wait until you have a problem, don't you think? I'm sure there was a queue of callers with genuine problems, and your experiment must have held someone up.

TomG 22:52 19 Feb 2007

can i refer you to "there is a minor issue with it"? I'm trying to work this issue out myself before contacting talktalk but I thought it prudent to test the water.
Stop "genuine problems" being solved? Come on -read the posts in the forums about talktalk and the others! I really don't think I've slowed anyone down - are you saying that when we get a problem with a company i should stop and think "oh I better not complain in case someone more important might be slowed down? If they have a backlog they should get more staff.
Sorry I thought this forum was here to highlight such attitudes and help others stick up for themselves?

dagbladet 23:05 19 Feb 2007

Can I refer you to...

"It works OK but I thought, knowing Talktalk, I'd test the support. Phoned the number on the box (TalkTalk) yep seems Ok, quite helpful. So I next emailed broadband support..."

Forum Editor 23:14 19 Feb 2007

for sarcasm, just because this isn't working out the way you had hoped.

In your original post you clearly stated that "It works OK but I thought, knowing Talktalk, I'd test the support." Perhaps you might read that again - 'it works OK'.

Suddenly, when someone (understandably) questions your rationale you introduce this 'minor issue'. and then have the temerity to question our motives here.

I'm sorry, but I read it this way - you thought you would post your thread and get some supportive posts from other people who shared your 'here's a laugh' attitude, and when that hasn't happened you come out with this righteous indignation approach. Not content with wasting TalkTalk's time, you're now wasting ours.

Thread closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?