Taking a printer to the USA

  John Ski 09:24 10 Sep 2009

I need a new inkjet photo printer but need one that will work here in the UK on 240V but also in the USA on 110V (I realise that I will need to change the plug)- are there any printers where the transformer will accept either voltage ??
Many thanks

  Ford Prefect 01 09:42 10 Sep 2009

Buy it in the US when you get there it will probably be cheaper.

  jack 09:59 10 Sep 2009

Don't hump it
Get one there.

  Woolwell 12:33 10 Sep 2009

I rather suspect that the question is "is there a printer which will work in UK and USA" ie dual voltage so buying one in USA will not work.

  Woolwell 12:37 10 Sep 2009

However to correct my first post - I've just looked on the back of my Epson D88 and it accepts from 100 to 240v. So it should be possible.

  jakimo 13:07 10 Sep 2009

Most US electrical appliances are 110-120 volt only, not many are dual voltage,many people bring back appliance to save money only to find they are not compatible over here, not worth the risk

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017