T-shirt Designer wanted.

wolfie3000 01:09 14 Oct 2006

There is a big LAN party happening in december and our clan want matching t-shirts made with our clan logo and name on and also our own avatars put on as well,

Is there any companies that will do this?

I know some of you will think of this as a bit sad :)

but many clans that attend LAN parties do this and its about time our clan stood out with our own t-shirts.

Iv had a nose round the net but only came up with american websites.

Forum Editor 01:14 14 Oct 2006

I'll move it across.

Kate B 01:14 14 Oct 2006

If you do the design and take it in as a jpg or similar, Snappy Snaps will do the honours and print it on to t-shirts for you - I've used them for a tribute t-shirt to a friend that I designed. You could have a logo for your clan and then each of you could have your avatar underneath it, you'd just have to provide Snappy Snaps with a file for each t-shirt. I think I sweet-talked my branch into knocking a fiver or so off the order because I was getting a dozen t-shirts made all from the one image file.

I don't think it's sad at all - what's wrong with wanting to identify yourself as part of a team that you've worked hard to build? It's a great idea.

Kate B 01:14 14 Oct 2006

If you do the design and take it in as a jpg or similar, Snappy Snaps will do the honours and print it on to t-shirts for you - I've used them for a tribute t-shirt to a friend that I designed. You could have a logo for your clan and then each of you could have your avatar underneath it, you'd just have to provide Snappy Snaps with a file for each t-shirt. I think I sweet-talked my branch into knocking a fiver or so off the order because I was getting a dozen t-shirts made all from the one image file.

I don't think it's sad at all - what's wrong with wanting to identify yourself as part of a team that you've worked hard to build? It's a great idea.

wolfie3000 01:15 14 Oct 2006

Heres a rough idea of what i have in mind.

click here

wolfie3000 01:28 14 Oct 2006

OOPS FE didnt notice you moved it.
Please ignore my E-mail.

Unfortunatly Kate B There isnt a snappy snaps near me infact i dont know our nearest one,

I was hopeing for an online store that would do it from a jpeg,

I will go and check if snappy snaps have the facilities online.

wolfie3000 01:33 14 Oct 2006

FOund there site but there isnt alot of info on there,

click here

Looks like the nearest one to me is Salisbury,

I will phone them up tommorow and see if they will except an e-mailed design and see if they deliver.

In the mean time anyone have any other suggestions?

Totally-braindead 01:34 14 Oct 2006

wolfie I have made up a few tshirts myself at home using t shirt transfers from Choice Stationery click here if you look under the Folex range of papers as well you will find a glow in the dark range as well(which I have never tried).
Just buy some cheap plain t shirts, I've found white ones were better than dark coloured ones but its up to you, theres paper for both.
Its cheap and its easy. I have to say though that I have found they do not last as well as shop bought ones and its very important to follow the instructions.
Have a go you can print anything you like, anything you can get on your screen you can put on a t shirt. Its fun.

wolfie3000 01:38 14 Oct 2006

Thanks Totally-braindead but id prefer a more professional made t-shirt,
As i expect we will be going to alot of LAN parties next year with Halo 2 coming out soon.

We want the t-shirts to be tough enough to deal with alot of sweat and fizzy drinks being soaked into them lol.

Totally-braindead 02:08 14 Oct 2006

Ok just a thought, they are fine for a while but do degrade a lot quicker than a bought one.
I'm sure if you look about you will find somewhere local that does it.
Happy partying.

pj123 10:48 14 Oct 2006

Photobox also do T shirt printing: click here

Scroll down to the Photo Gift section. Cost is quite high but they do have price breaks at 5 and 20.

Also, if you're interested, I have a CD "T-Shirt Design Kit". It's quite old now and I have only used it a couple of times. (I now use MS Publisher). It says "Works with Win 95/3.1"

Could possibly work with XP but I haven't tried it.

You are welcome to it. email me if you want to try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache