t mobile (unbelievable)

[email protected] 17:17 31 May 2007

i really cant find words for this, and dont know wether to laugh or get utterly furious.
nearly six years ago i wanted a phone and it was only available on contract, so i signed a contract and after 12 months wrote to them cancelling, by this time the phone was unlocked with my works sim fitted.
i recieved another bill, so i phoned them and was told there was still money outstanting and it would be the last bill i would recieve, so i paid it. next month another bill, paid that and told them that was the end of it.
they chased me for the next 6 months but as i hadnt used their wildly overpriced contract, and paid over £400 for the phone i told them to go away.
i have recently recieved a bill for£78 for this contract, i have called them and told them they have more chance of *unprintable* but they keep bombarding my mother with phone calls, i believed this was bad practice, i also thought debts died after 5 years, can you believe this? words fail me.

MrNerdy 08:05 01 Jun 2007

I suggest you contact your local Trading Standards for advice.
Or go to click here

[email protected] 08:27 01 Jun 2007

to be honest, i have all the details from the last time, when i called them they TOLD me to send all the previous details to them, but im not going to of course, my anger is at t mobile who have probably sold this fictitious debt for less than a tenner. i got into load of problems with credit cards about 15 years ago, so im pretty clued up on what they can and cant do. and yesterday i canceled a rather large contract with them, one worth a tad more than £78. thats now every mobile network thats upset me!
thanks for the reply.

pavvi 09:58 01 Jun 2007

As someone who works in the mobilephone industry I always advise customers to send in the cancellation by recorded delivery. Too late for you Adman 2 I know, but does advise others. Otherwise they can argue that proof of posting is not proof of delivery. The other route is to ask for a PAC number (Porting Authorisation Code) to take the number to a different network and that will cancel the contarct as soon as yu use the old number on the new network

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?