systemax 3157 from simply.com - rotten service

colcol 19:36 16 Sep 2003

I thought it about time I started a new thread on this. preveiously it was tagged on to graemD's thread about his problem with systemax.

I ordered the systemax 3157 from simply.com on 19 august 2003 and that is now 19 days ago. This is the system which is the editor's choice in the october 03 edition of personal computer world.
last thursday their salesman assured me that the system would be despatched yesterday and I would have it today. my wife stayed at home all day but the system did not arrive.

at 5 o'clock tonight she rang simply to be told there never was a guarrantee that the system would be ready by today. today's story is that they cannot provide the dvd re-writer. last week at various times they could not provide the processor, graphics card and monitor.

today, 19 days after ordering a systemax inspire 3157, simply.com cannot even estimate when my system can be put together and despatched.

I have placed several orders with simply over last 3 years for various components etc without any problem. to order a desktop pc complete is a nightmare.

Jester2K II 08:21 17 Sep 2003

In your own words you stated that the PC was "editor's choice in the October 03 edition of personal computer world" therefore i guess lots of people might want this PC too. They might be having problems getting the parts due to demand or getting them built quick enough.

I would either wait until demand has gone down or get a written (e-mailed) delivery date or cancel the order.

You said yourself that you "have placed several orders with simply over last 3 years for various components etc without any problem" so maybe they are having problems this time. It happens from time to time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?