Symantec Refund

gtiuk 14:58 28 Jan 2005

Can anyone who has returned a cd to Symantec and they have claimed not to have received it email me please?
Thanks
David Yule

Forum Editor 17:51 28 Jan 2005

what's the point of this please?

Forum Editor 19:21 28 Jan 2005

that he's having trouble getting a refund from Symantec, and he wondered if other forum members had experienced the same problem.

I've asked him to post full details here.

Forum Editor 19:22 28 Jan 2005

from Speakers Corner.

24bitkid 19:29 28 Jan 2005

I bought System Works in November, tried Ghost 9.0 and it completely corrupted my machine. Went and bought True Image 8.0 - this product is excellent.

Sent my System Works back - heard nothing.

Wrote to them again - said refund was being processed via Ireland office and asked me to send the CD in. I already had and told them so, showing them my recorded delivery ticket. They accepted this - but still no refund.

Was contacted just before Christmas and asked for details of account refund had to be paid in to. Sent the relevant information - heard nothing.

Last week still heard nothing, wrote to them again and this morning I received an email saying refund is now being sent to me - but can take up to six weeks to arrive!

Symantec - slow customer support!

iscanut 21:50 28 Jan 2005

I put a note up a few days ago re similar problems. Returned the CD and original invoice to Symantec on 11th October. In spite of chasing them, I have just had a letter from the asking for the Cd and invoice, as without them, they will not refund. It has already taken 3 months to reach this stage ! It would seem that I will have a lot of hassle to get a refund !

GaT7 22:25 28 Jan 2005

gtiuk, hope you get your refund.

I purchased Norton SystemWorks 2-3 years ago from Amazon. Kept getting errors every few days & had to be uninstalled/reinstalled. Symantec support couldn't help.

NSW came with a 60-day money-back guarantee (or similar) - returned it in about 40 days & received a full refund to my debit card just 10 days later. I was kept informed of what was happening by email at every stage. I was very pleased & impressed with the professional & courteous manner in which Amazon handled the return/refund from start to end : )

Maybe a better option to buy through a retailer than direct from Symantec! G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?