Support The Little Man - Where Are You All From

tbh72 02:07 03 Apr 2003

I have an idea, Oh-No He hears them say..... Not Another....

Let's kick off a thread about where we all come from, and more importantly include a local computer shop we use and recommend. Not your usual big boy's PC World etc, but those quaint little ones where you pop to pick up your essentials when all else fails.....

Anglian Internet click here

Advanced PC Technology UK click here

Oh, Norwich Norfolk HERE

€dstow 08:07 03 Apr 2003

Well, I'm near Marble Arch and there are hundreds of "computer shops" around. I've not found one I would recommend.

€d

watchful 12:53 03 Apr 2003

In my corner of Lancashire there aren't any 'Little Men' around. I would patronize them otherwise.

DieSse 13:14 03 Apr 2003

I'm on the Costa Blanca - and I'm one of the "little men" - though I guess some of you know that already!

tbh72 13:18 03 Apr 2003

Diesse, do you ship to the UK & are your prices & services 100% good, if so big up yourself & post your url.

watchful 13:18 03 Apr 2003

That's a bit too far to go to the corner shop!

DieSse 13:32 03 Apr 2003

I only deal where I can travel to.

rickf 14:10 03 Apr 2003

DieSse,
I am thinking of starting up as a little man. Can you give me some advice like suppliers etc? I am in London so do not compete with you.

DieSse 15:06 03 Apr 2003

Suppliers is difficult, as I use mainly Spanish ones! I have used click here for software, and found them very helpful.

General advice - you can't compete on price with the big boys - so compete on expertise, support, customer visits and handholding, and custom builds, particularly high-value specials.

Try and make a big thing out of something - ultra quiet cases, for example.

bigray 15:09 03 Apr 2003

Pete Townsend 151 Redbank Road Bispham near Blackpool, a great guy & honest, knows his stuff

nightporter 15:21 03 Apr 2003

I'm in Doncaster, I use scan. Not little just good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?