Super quick survey!

joelmb 13:48 23 Mar 2004

Hi. Some may remember i asked for respondents to click a link and complete a questionnaire on Mobile Phone purchase behaviour for my MSc degree thesis to which I had a fabulous response! I wanted to ask one more quick question if you wouldn't mind responding!...

When surfing the internet, do you download “plug-ins” when prompted, if they are necessary to view certain online content?

- Yes.
- No. I’d go without viewing the content.
- Don’t know what a Plug-in is.

tbh72 13:52 23 Mar 2004

Generally NO

Only if it was ABSOLUTELY essential for me to view that page, this is very rare and I reject more website's than I would ever enter where a plugin was required.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:53 23 Mar 2004

and the link is?..............

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:55 23 Mar 2004

....ahhhhhhhhhh, no linky....I usually download any plug-in if I need it. Usually reckless so 'security' holds no fears.

G

Sir Radfordin 14:16 23 Mar 2004

Yes but only if I knew what the content was, what the plug-in was and really wanted to view the content. If it was something I stumbled upon then I would often not bother but look elsewhere.

Most media plugins are already installed on my PC from other needs anyway.

joelmb 14:52 23 Mar 2004

for responses so far. i need as many as i can so all quick answers gratefully received! :)

anniel 14:56 23 Mar 2004

if I realy want to view the content...but I admit to recklessness in the past,merrily downloading without thinking.

Now I am older and wiser (thanks to forums like this)

Diemmess 16:02 23 Mar 2004

Quick answer NO

In the past Yes, but now only Yes if it is something I have looked for, - and never the other way around!

anchor 16:11 23 Mar 2004

As a general rule NO.

On rare occasions, depending upon the site I might, but only if I knew what is was, and could fully trust the source. For example, macromedia shock wave, which is essential to view some sites.

Totally-braindead 17:33 23 Mar 2004

Yes providing I know or think I know who its from

JerryJay 17:34 23 Mar 2004

Generally NO, this is because I install necessary plugin I need when I install a browser. If some sites use non-standard plugin, I would not "touch" it because I am firm believer of standards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?