Sunday, Aldi's??

g40 18:29 03 Apr 2004

Does anyone know if Aldi open Sundays? And if it is still possible to order the 8083 PC. cheers

spuds 18:47 03 Apr 2004

I think my local store only open Mon-Sat, except Xmas period. You will need to call in the store, if you wish to purchase anything,no advanced orders taken. I have two further Aldi stores within a resonable travelling distance,and I find, if one store have sold out on their extra special offers etc, then I usually find one of the other stores may still have stock. Aldi click here

g40 18:52 03 Apr 2004

cheers spuds, ah well monday maybe.

TBH1 20:08 03 Apr 2004

aldi's isn't open on Sundays - - -but I believe, according to this weeks ComputerActive mag, you can place orders up till the 10th for this beastie .

zebbydog 20:09 03 Apr 2004

Not open Sunday
Whent today and bought the 17" tft and they had computers still in stock ( Leicester )

briggsy 02:53 04 Apr 2004

You can still order a aldi/medion pc instore up to the 10th of April. But it will not be delivered untill after the 13th of April.

Stuartli 08:43 04 Apr 2004

Give the staff a break! My local Aldi (Aldi is an abbreviation of Albrecht Discount) is packed with shoppers throughout the day, every day, Monday to Saturday.

There are just five staff, all on a minimum of £7 an hour, who do everything from stocking up the store to serving customers, as well as covering for holidays, sickness etc.

So they need the occasional day off!

When I was in the other day a sign stated, as others above have said, that anyone interested in the Medion system could contact a member of staff until April 10th about ordering one.

Sion 10:47 04 Apr 2004

£7 an hour !!! Wow. they are good rates. I'm on £4.50 an hour at Woolworths, and i have to replenish stock, serve customers, refund customers, answer phones, chase shoplifters, get abuse hurled at me (its a nice neighbourhood....).

furkin 10:51 04 Apr 2004

Do Aldi's actually supply stuff that they advertise then ? Every time that I've tried to get a 'bargain' from them, they havn't got any ! I don't bother now.
Furkin

TBH1 13:29 04 Apr 2004

Its worth poppin into Aldis maybe once a week - - they have some good stuff there, too much to advertise - -not just talking PC stuff, DIY, gardening stuff. And yes, I agree with Stuartli above, the staff have a go at everything and are worth every penny they get - -its common to see the manager pushing pallets around, on the checkout, stocking up. And their chocolate ain't bad either !!! And there Southern Comfort - - and did I mention red wine ???

Diodorus Siculus 15:17 04 Apr 2004

furkin - yes, each Thursday they change specials - only the good stuff goes quickly it seems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017