Subscription Offer

oresome 14:18 07 Dec 2003

I've just received the Feb 2004 PC Advisor magazine through the post. Nothing remarkable in that, except I'm not a subscriber! I thought it had been sent in error until I read the address sheet. Apparently I've been missed and the team think I'm missing out on a splendid magazine, so they've sent me one as a taster. I actually purchase the mag. at the newsagents fairly often so I haven't missed out that much, but the enclosed offer makes a nonsense of purchasing it at the newsagents say every other month. Does demonstrate that loyalty and inertia certainly do not pay.

spuds 14:53 07 Dec 2003

I receive on a monthly basis, quite a number of trade magazines free of charge. Joe public usually as to pay anything from £2.00 to £4.00 to receive one of these publications.

Recently, I unsubscribed from a magazine that I have received over a number of years. Sent in a new subscription form, which was for a reduced rate, and not only that I got a free bonus prezzie too.

Sir Radfordin 15:04 07 Dec 2003

Over the years I've recevied several magazines with cover prices up to £4.00 some on a regular basis and never been asked for any form of payment.

The latest one is perhaps the most insulting - SAGA! At less than half the required age to be a customer of theirs I'm fairly confused how I've ended up on the mailing list. More worrying is the fact that as far as I know only 3 companies know my address - TV Licence people, Telewest and NPower. Quite why using any of those services makes me 50+ is anyones guess!

Guess it is the weird and wonderful world of marketing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?