storage for microSD cards?

theDarkness 04:40 11 Jan 2010

I hate losing these things-aaargh! does anyone know of something thats good to store them in, eg just like the card on the left, not the usb adapter? thanks

click here

mole44 05:09 11 Jan 2010

Why not backup the data to your pc.

wiz-king 06:03 11 Jan 2010

Get a business card holder from your local office suppliers.

hssutton 08:46 11 Jan 2010
  mr simon 09:29 11 Jan 2010

I usually keep them in the small plastic holder they come in.

jack 09:53 11 Jan 2010

click here

I have also found that when a certain need becomes apparent- such as yours - there is a certain satisfaction in scouting around at what may be laying around indoors-or in say a pound shop ,tha may with a little bit of imagination and dexterity will do the job for little cost or even for nuffinatall.

jack 10:09 11 Jan 2010

That should the need arrise I could utilize.
The boxes that photo slides come in, one of those Italian Chocolate- boxes- a small tin box that once contained miniatures of a famous Highland Malt
Anything at all similar a bit of urethane or styrene foam and a craft knife- and bingo top of the range storage for nothing

fsbb 10:39 11 Jan 2010

Amazon.co.uk search for memory card holder. There are boxes, wallets, cases etc.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:01 11 Jan 2010

You actually need to ask this question?....an empty Tic-Tac box then.

G

theDarkness 23:41 11 Jan 2010

checking out that first amazon result from hssutton - £8 for storage! lol. since the actual box looks to be no wider than 2 SD cards itself, id probably end up losing the storage box also, haha. perhaps i could fit the sds into the storage, and then finally fit THAT into the tic tac box ;) lol. i just wondered if there were any "official" solutions. i guess not!

robin_x 02:33 12 Jan 2010

I have a small box that I think had post-it notes in. But it has a lid with a catch.

For mobile transportation, how about a tobacco tin?
Give the tobacco to a rolly smoker if you dont smoke.

I recently went out and wasnt sure if I had a USB8GB uSD in my pocket or if I had left it at home.

I certainly meant to leave it at home.

Anyway couldnt find it anywhere when I got back.
Searched every room and place I thought it might be, searched the car/under the seats/down the side of the handbrake etc. It was gone.

Data was backed up but I was FUMING.

Me Mam found it an hour later when she went out.

It was in the boot of the car. Of course, now why didnt I think of that. Bloody Poltergeists.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017