Stayin cool for the summer

bigpenfold 16:05 08 May 2006

I am going to be running an amd 64 fx55 with an asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard but i have no heatsink/fan. I have been looking at the scythe ninja, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and the Zalman Aero flower. I have heard that copper is better which the zalman has but i am unsure of which would be my best option. Thanks for any help.

Totally-braindead 17:16 08 May 2006

Don't have a clue but you could have a look here click here

ade.h 18:50 08 May 2006

The Flower is not upto the task; I used to use one on an Athlon XP 1700 and it as was fine for that, but I would not expect it to handle current CPUs. It was not quiet enough either.

The 9500 is the one that really sets the benchmark. I find that its perpendicular mounting is hugely beneficial to airflow as it avoids cross-currents, especially in a large case with a fanless PSU. Despite being one of only two fans (of any kind) in my entire system, it is kept at minimum speed and cools a 640 to about 36C under typical use. When used in the right system, it is barely audible in a quiet study.

chamoclafastic 19:28 11 May 2006

Go for either the ninja or zalman (assuming it's the 9500 of course - I have one running on my opteron 170, runs at 30 idle, 36 load) but i have heard great things about the ninja

Mr Mistoffelees 19:37 11 May 2006

I'm using a Zalman CNPS 9500 on an AMD Athlon64 4000+ and it works superbly, both quiet and very cool. I would recommend it to anyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone