Star Office Suite.

Djohn 00:28 13 May 2003

Just had a browse of the PC World web site, won't give the link because it is a time expire page.

The address is www. pcworld. co. uk but without the spaces,

I noticed at the top of the first page they are offering a good spec. Laptop with XP home O/S, and preloaded with *Star office suite*.

It will be interesting to see if they start to offer this Office suite on other machines, and how the potential purchaser will view it.

At this price range you would normally have Works suite 2003 and although the M/S suite is good value for money, it doesn't offer the full range of programs that Star has. J.

davidg_richmond 00:52 13 May 2003

Star Office is fully compatible with Works/Office too if i remember right. I don't think it will be offered on other brand machines though, it seems Works is more widely accepted by the general public than StarOffice from my experience, probably because it is Microsoft (Sun who?!)

Belatucadrus 01:10 13 May 2003

My Medion came with XP home & Star 5.2, I suspect that Star will pick up more of the budget machines. Star is very compatible with Office, though the general public will probably find version 6.0 more to their liking due to it's more familiar appearance. Star 5.2 has its own desktop control interface that takes a bit of getting used to, nothing wrong with it, just different.

Belatucadrus 01:13 13 May 2003

"the general public" what am I on about, I am the general public, time for bed said Zebedee BOINNG !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?