Standalone Freeview Plus vs Youview

Cara2 18:00 01 Aug 2014

Any major differences between the above? Which one do you recommend?

Cara2 19:05 01 Aug 2014

Youview doesn't appeal to you?

I do not have a sat dish, so will not go for Freesat (but do, incidentally, have Freesat for our caravan - I was impressed).

I am erring on the side of YouView - however my husband thinks we may loose some channels which he currently watches on Freeview, 'Quest' for instance.

Cara2 19:05 01 Aug 2014

Youview doesn't appeal to you?

I do not have a sat dish, so will not go for Freesat (but do, incidentally, have Freesat for our caravan - I was impressed).

I am erring on the side of YouView - however my husband thinks we may loose some channels which he currently watches on Freeview, 'Quest' for instance.

lotvic 00:28 02 Aug 2014

You don't need to lose your present Freeview when you get a box (YouView or Freesat)

I currently have:

Freeview (inbuilt in TV),

Freesat Humax PVR (Sat Dish),

AND YouView Talktalk (aerial in loft),

also have DVD player

and an old VHS video player

can connect a computer when wanted

and USB stick when wanted

all connected to the same tv and can change channel Source on tv remote to view any of them.

I can watch any of them whenever and record on both boxes. Only problem is there are so many programs I never get enough time to watch them all, LOL

Batch 14:29 03 Aug 2014

YouView requires a decent Internet connection (that's where the catch-up programs come from).

I have Freeview and Freesat PVRs (personal video recorders) - basically Freesat / Freeview tuners with a hard disc built in. If you are able to plan your viewing, that may be good enough for you (and does not require Internet). By way of contrast if you find yourself wanting to watch programs that you had not realised were on until after the screening, YouView might be the way to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?