Stalled at the first hurdle - The case

CornishCelt 13:25 06 Jan 2005

I am about to start a major rebuild and upgrade of my PC. The technical contents are fairly easy to choose, with lots of good reviews, but when it comes to the case it is impossible to tell how good it is without a detailed expert review or first-hand knowledge.

So ...

Would anyone care to point me in the direction of a good case or a good review site for cases?

My needs?: Need not be good looking as it will live under the table - As quiet as I can without spending too much - plenty of space inside .. usb/headphone/earphone sockets on front - Steel - 350w (approx) PSU or no PSU at all is fine.

Any ideas ? Thanks :-)

TomJerry 13:32 06 Jan 2005

if you want quiet, you need to chose quiet PSU, quiet cooling fan, effecicient heatsink etc, it is an expensive business, click here will give you idea

look the following site for cases:

overclock, click here

the coolingshop: click here

kustompc click here

komplett click here

overclockers click here

novatech click here

if you can wait for 6 months, I have two people work on the project of designing cases for quiet and nice looking PCs

TomJerry 13:51 06 Jan 2005

Nexus Breeze Silent Case, Equipped with 400W PSU 120MM Case Fan and Noise Absortion Material £101.05 click here

Nexus AXP 3200 Skive Tech Silent SKT A Heat Sink & Fan £17.63 click here

or
Nexus PHT 3600 Skive Tech Silent Pentium 4 Heat Sink & Fan £17.63 click here

A browse around the CoolerMaster site click here will give you further ideas and a good source of supply is at Ebuyer

Belay my last, thought I would check out EBuyer and I could not find one there, sorry

DrScott 13:29 09 Jan 2005

Seem to make rather attractive cases.

Another resource is click here

I'm in the same situation and looking at the Coolermaster Centurion 5 at the moment. Also there's this click here with a review at click here

Hope this helps :)

Stuartli 10:00 10 Jan 2005

Scan of Bolton also has a vast range of cases from leading manufacturers:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?