SpyZooka, SuperAntiSpyware, Spyware Terminator

Dannyb 10:43 12 Dec 2008

Can anybody advise me as to what is the best antispyware to have running on my pc of the above. Or any other if they are no good. Thanks.

bjh 10:56 12 Dec 2008

Personal recommendations from me:

Superantispyware - fast, pretty comprehensive.
Spyware Terminator - not as good at removal, real-time shield excellent.

I've just started using Malwarebytes and that seems better even than Superantispyware, but I haven't used it more than a couple of weeks. The others perform well over months/years in a wide variety of computers.

See what others chip in for a balanced view. No knowledge of SpyZooka.

spuds 11:30 12 Dec 2008

Remember that cramming a computer with a vast amount of anti-wares might not resolve all the problems, and may well increase some problems.

I used Superantispyware, and found it to be a very good product, its only drawback in my opinion was the slightly heavy use of resources.

Spyware Terminator as been on my computers for some time, and it serves the purpose very well, but watch out for the pop-up scan that might suddenly appear. No problems and a good product, especially as its updated on a very regular basis (daily at present).

SpyZooka- No knowledge of this product.I will perhaps check this one out, because I like experimenting with new products ;o)

There are many other anti-wares or security tweaking programmes worth considering, but I am beginning to notice that many previous freewares are now becoming purchase items or trial and restricted versions.

One 'free for personal use' product that I recommended on many occasions was Advance Window Care 2. This as now changed to Advanced System Care with a new format and very restricted use, unless you buy the upgrade.

Perhaps the above is a little long winded and irrelevant, and apologies for that!.

Dannyb 11:47 12 Dec 2008

Thanks spuds and bjh, all interesting stuff. I am waiting for some info on that SpyZooka one from somebody. Also just read about SpywareBlaster, any views on that one?

spuds 12:20 12 Dec 2008

Spyware Blaster and Seek & Destroy (S&D) were another couple of programmes that I have used (plus others). Both good, but at the end of the day, it comes down to personal choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?