Special offer for CounterSpy

anchor 16:49 22 Sep 2006

Sunbelt are offering $7 reduction on CounterSpy until 25th Sept. Price now $12.95 for a 1 year subscription; (about £6.81).

click here

Jackcoms 17:07 22 Sep 2006

Why pay anything?
click here costs $0.00 (about £0.00)

ade.h 18:13 22 Sep 2006

Because Counterspy works and MS has yet to pass that milestone with its "still-in-Beta-after-all-this-time" program.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:25 22 Sep 2006

Windows Defender has always done me fine irrespective of being a Beta.

G

anchor 18:38 22 Sep 2006

Personally I found MS Defender II a bit of a problem on my Sony Laptop. CounterSpy worked fine.

For me its worth the $13.

Jackcoms 19:28 22 Sep 2006

"Windows Defender has always done me fine irrespective of being a Beta."

Agree with GANDALF <|:-)>.

I usually get out the bargepole as far as Betas are concerned.

Windows Defender is the only Beta I've ever used and it's done the trick so far.

Stuartli 23:50 22 Sep 2006

Absolutely no point in paying for any software that you can obtain for free and will achieve the same result.

ade.h 15:35 23 Sep 2006

Provided it achieves the same result. Defender is not defending very much at the mo' as it has not updated itself in over a month. I use Ewido instead now.

anchor 15:52 23 Sep 2006

Nobody likes "free" programmes more than I, but I found MS defender caused a significant slow-down on my Sony notebook which has a very good spec. On removing it everything was back to normal; no such problem with CounterSpy. That alone is worth the money to me.

I wonder how long will MS keep Defender free?.

Moreover, updates for CounterSpy are issued every 3 days or so.

Input Overload 21:01 23 Sep 2006

£7 isn't a lot to lash out on, the program will be running in the background & will update itself automatically. I use free software when I can but it’s not obligatory, I think it’s a good offer.

Forum Editor 23:35 23 Sep 2006

It's polished, efficient, and discreet. I've tried pretty well everything else, and CounterSpy gets my vote - head and shoulders above anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?