Speakers included,NOT

Ixtana`ran 09:41 31 Mar 2006

I just purchased a Compaq SR1729 from PC World on the web site it says speakers included, after getting the box unopened at home noticed none inside? Phoned PC World told it is a misprint on web.
Where do I stand, can I demand some speakers or do I have to let it go?

BRYNIT 11:29 31 Mar 2006

You will always find something in the T&C with ref to misprints on web sites.

I doubt that you will be able to demand the speaker. The web site does not describe the speakers or show a picture.

If they did eventually offer to supply any speakers it would only be a cheap set and would have cost you more just in phone calls and transport collecting them. It would be cheaper to buy your self a decent set of speakers for sound quality.

As it is not as described you can always take it back for a full refund.

spuds 13:42 31 Mar 2006

You have the advantage of consumer law in the guise of Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, within the first seven days. Send the whole lot back (at your expense)for a refund. Or you could argue your case, that the advert was misleading as you were not supplied with the speakers.

Whatever you decide, speakers that are usually supplied as 'bundled' within a package deal cost about £5.00 to you, and far less to Compaq and PC World.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:54 31 Mar 2006

Personally it is not worth returning the computer with the hassle just for a £5 pair of speakers. Ask PCW if they can give you a set but \I would buy a decent set of Creatives or lLabtecs (£30), just right for blasting out some decent sounds.

G

Stuartli 15:54 31 Mar 2006

Or Altec Lansing or Harmon Kardon - both already boasting considerable quality hi-fi speakers fame before entering the computer peripherals field.

SG Atlantis® 18:16 31 Mar 2006

Or ask for a couple of quid of a good set of speakers. I don't know how many bundled speakers sets I've ditched.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?