Spangles Sweets....

Big L 266 21:36 06 Dec 2010

Hello.

I've been searching high and low for Spangles sweets in particular the cola (or kola) versions of yesteryear. I've been looking in online retro sweet-shops without any success.

Do you know of anywhere in the sweetie universe where I might get some please? Thank you for your help!

Big L 266
(Who fancies some!)

Jameslayer 22:19 06 Dec 2010

Your not alone click here

Jameslayer 22:27 06 Dec 2010

This place says they are not sold any more click here

Big L 266 08:29 07 Dec 2010

Hello.

Jameslayer....It would appear i'm not alone in seeking this older sweet but alas it also dawns on me that it has been discontinued now. At least we've tried to find some even though they're not there any longer.Thanks for the links though.

Big L 266

BT 08:48 07 Dec 2010

They did bring them back about 5/6 years ago but they didn't take off. As far as I know they have now been discontinued.

My favourites were the Old English flavours

canarieslover 10:06 07 Dec 2010

When I first started work in 1960 as an apprentice tailor there was an elderly Jewish tailor there who came round every morning leaving a couple of Spangles on everybody's work bench. You never knew which flavour you would get until you got into work. Considering there were about 30 employees it must have cost him a few bob to carry out his act of friendship. Ah!!! Those were the days!! (Nostalgia rules)

KremmenUK 11:23 07 Dec 2010

If anyone finds a packet down the back of the sofa do you still want them ? :)

Big L 266 11:36 07 Dec 2010

Hello.

BT....Yes they did indeed bring them back & also promptly made them disappear as well. Another thing to add to my wish list!

canarieslover....Nowt wrong with a bit of nostalgia and thats a lovely story as well.My old MD had a jar of sweets on his table for all clients to indulge themselves in.He used it to help 'break the ice' when in formal meetings.Canny people accountants!

KremmenUK....I'd wobble up in person even with dizzy spells, balance & mobility problems on the rumour of the existance of a pack of Spangles!

Start looking down the backs of sofas please!

Big L 266
(Who now fancies a Barretts 'Sherbert Dip'!)

Al94 12:01 07 Dec 2010

If they're not available here click here then you're out of luck.

Jameslayer 15:11 07 Dec 2010

AL94 I have already posted that link :P

spuds 16:51 07 Dec 2010

Our local town centre use to have a little sweet and tobacconist shop that had big jars of various 'old fashion' types of sweets av available. They even stocked the kola flavoured among many others varieties.

Next time that I am in town, I will have a look.

If you want the kola flavour, you might find them in Wilkinsons or most supermarket pick and mix section.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?