Source for used LCD monitor

jack 11:09 01 Aug 2010

My daughters [My old] LCD monitor is dying with the top tight corner fading and spreading bands- Time then for another.
Started a search for used kit and pages on Google and am about to E-bay it
Then I thought one of this merry band may have such a thing laying around - as once happened a year so ago and my friend purchased it.
So A more direct approach -Envelope me if there such a thing as an unused/unloved LCD monitor looking for a new home.

The Kestrel 21:48 01 Aug 2010

Any of these at Morgan's any use ? click here

bjh 09:02 02 Aug 2010

Have you tried Freecycle? If you do not know about it, try Googling it...

spuds 12:31 02 Aug 2010

Get in touch with your local council, they will have details of 'recycling outlets'.

I have two fairly local, and they collect from all over the place, then test, bundle and pallet, and ship out via container to some third world company. Some they might keep back for the locals.

One thing to bear in mind, and that is transport costs and whether a courier will take, unless you want to pick-up.

jack 14:37 02 Aug 2010

Freecycle or Freegle as it now nown- is a regular in in my inbox - Last week I clooected a Krups Expresso Machine- old modle but a goer.

Will take a look at loval council site - but I suspect once taken in they do not let it out again ecapet to the scapper - H&C and all that
Just like charity shops.

citadel 18:36 02 Aug 2010

they always have them in those cashconverter type shops as people are always upgrading to a larger size screen.

jack 20:13 02 Aug 2010

citadel
Cash Convereter - Ah yes we have one in town will go look see
Meanwhile I have E-mailed daughter some samples from Morgan- A few pages of E-bay, and now await the familiar cry -- Daaad would you be able too.....?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?