Sony Free Location TV anywhere in the world

freefx 19:54 09 Sep 2006

Has anyone here has any clue to how this device actually work. My first impression is tht if i have one of these devices say pulg in a home say in the USA, i can then watch whever the home onwer is watching, over here on my PC (wired or wireless). Isnt that sound too good to be true even if it it $200+ in my opionion is worth every penny. Saw that in Dixon yesterday, but no time to ask the sales assistant as i was on my way to work.

Stuartli 20:14 09 Sep 2006

Is it similar to this:

click here

Stuartli 20:15 09 Sep 2006

More details:

click here

freefx 20:29 09 Sep 2006

I believe the idea of the sony device is similar to the one above.im more interested in accessing TV programs broadcast in foreign countries from here(UK). I this device work, it will solve my problem. Just wonder what is the legal issue here.

DieSse 20:53 09 Sep 2006

You can only watch the channel that the US base station is watching - and you can't change the channel - so I'm not quite sure what problem the system solves?

Dizzy Bob 21:26 09 Sep 2006

You can change the channel, but may upset whoever is watching at home!!

DB

freefx 21:35 09 Sep 2006

To be able to watch whatever the home(in USA) is watching is all i need. At least i dont have to wait months for SKY to transmit the programs here.

Thanks guys.

Stuartli 23:52 09 Sep 2006

Very many TV stations around the world also have a website which transmits programmes either live or a little while later.

In fact the BBC does this extensively for both TV and radio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?