Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-M1 Digital Camera

powerless 23:45 20 Jan 2005

click here

Longshot but has anyone had a play with this?

I'm interested in it.

Kate B 01:04 21 Jan 2005

looks a bit gimmicky and expensive to me ... sorry to pour cold water over you!

my main objection is that the lens is so small with a pretty high megapixel rating: just a hunch but I think you might find a lot of noise on the images.

Sony does make nice cameras but I'd go for something like the DSCp100 which I gave my other half for his birthday: we're very pleased with it.
click here
you can probably find it cheaper than this, too ...

Kodan 08:24 21 Jan 2005

Check Steve's Digicams?

click here

That flip sideways Sony thing looks cool, but I think that one of the good things about digicsams is the reduction in moving parts - I would always be worried about that swivel connection.

Too gimmicky by half, imho.

I have a Dimage Z1 for longshots, and a Ricoh Caplio RZ1 for wide angle and portability, and I am delighted with both.

anchor 09:28 21 Jan 2005

My friend has the predecessor to the new upgraded Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1, and it is superb. Not so gimicky. The reviews on this model are excellent.

a_dani19 11:58 21 Jan 2005

I too bought the Sony DSC-W1...cheap at £200, big screen, decent options (Zooming, lens size, shutter speed) to play with, easy to use.

powerless 09:11 23 Jan 2005

Kate B - I like gimmicky ;-)

Finding this camera in stock is difficult. I did look a Steve's digicams and was impressed although no images to look at.

anchor 17:26 23 Jan 2005

Steve's digicam site has very little detail; these two do, (albeit without sample pictures, at Sony`s request).

click here

click here

anchor 17:36 23 Jan 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone