Sony Central Service freepost problem

MulMul 02:19 12 Jul 2007

Hi

has anyone post back their Sony product back to Sony for repair due to the CCD chip malfunction because Sony offered a free repair on certain models they discover throughout last few years.

They offered a freepost address to post back the faulty Digital camera, which I used, I posted it on the 2nd of July till now they still haven't received my camera from freepost, I am just wondering will Sony responsible for the lost of my Camera, or the royal mail?

Also freepost parcel what do they class as?

How much compensation I can get back from my presumably lost parcel?

spuds 09:49 12 Jul 2007

I hope that you obtained a certificate of posting, when you sent the item!.

MulMul 10:07 12 Jul 2007

yea , forgot to mention I obtained a certificate of posting as well.

Is there anything I can do , because the parcel has been very late and should sony also held responsible for this matter?

spuds 11:58 12 Jul 2007

Sony will not be responsible for items lost in the post, it would be for you to make a claim (not sure whether that is after 15 or 30 days), producing the certificate of posting. Compensation if claimed and approved, may be very small. Best to contact the Royal Mail for further details.

You state that the parcel is very late (so I assume that you have checked with Sony)- by stating 2nd July till ?, which if you are counting today will be 10 days, less non-delivery and remember a strike day's. In cases like this, the volume of returns could be substantial, so delays will be inevitable.

paddy75 15:11 12 Jul 2007

MulMul,i sent my camera back to them on the 2nd of July,they sent me a note to say they recieved it about 4 or 5 days later,got it back yesterday the 11th repaired,they sent it back in the Nikon lens box that i sent it to them in,i wrapped the camera with bubble wrap put it in the box wrapped that with bubble wrap, bought a box in the Post Office carfully wrapped the whole thing and taped it up with duck tape and sent it to them freepost,to cut a long story short you want to see the state of it when it came back they put it into a soft plastic type bag with the box i sent it to them in and their wasn't a bit of the box that wasn't damaged ,camera ok lucky enough. This offer to repair free ends in October so anyone with any problems get it sorted quick,here is a link to their site click here Paddy

MulMul 17:11 12 Jul 2007

just curious do you post it as just freepost without paying anything extra?

I seriously think it went missing, but the compensation is only £32 if I report it :(:(

Should I contact my local delivery office to see the post in under the Lost mail section?

paddy75 18:02 12 Jul 2007

MulMul,yes just write down the address they gave you it say's freepost in the address line,you could contact Sony on this number 08705 111999 Mon-Fri 9am-5.00pm ,i assume you downloaded the "Repair Request Form" and sent it with your camera.Paddy

MulMul 18:12 12 Jul 2007

I contacted 08702408060 for after sending product service which printed on the request form.

they said they still havent recovered my camera i even tell them its serial number.

paddy75 18:22 12 Jul 2007

MulMul,that is the correct number you could try waiting a bit longer or try the Royal Mail site here click here;jsessionid=ZXVFKGT1IFTAWFB2IGLEOSQUHRAYUQ2K?catId=500185&mediaId=400144 Paddy

paddy75 18:23 12 Jul 2007

Try again click here;jsessionid=ZXVFKGT1IFTAWFB2IGLEOSQUHRAYUQ2K?catId=500185&mediaId=400144

paddy75 18:25 12 Jul 2007

MulMul,the link i gave for Royal Mail is not working just go onto their site and their is a section for lost mail.Paddy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?