is someone on my wi-fi?

MATTY36 16:29 21 Feb 2015
Answered

I accessed my router and went into connected clients it had 2 separate mac addresses on there one was me a Sony Viao and the other had no name, i entered the mac address into Google of the one with no name and it came back as a dell address. i have changed the password though how do i get rid of it as its still there. no other devices are connected apart from my sky box?

BRYNIT 17:57 21 Feb 2015

Do you have a WiFI printer?

Secret-Squirrel 23:01 21 Feb 2015

"Errr. Perhaps it's the MAC Address of your connected Sky Box."

I doubt that a Sky box would have a Dell network adapter. A MAC-address lookup for mine comes back as "BSkyB Ltd, Brentwood, Essex".

".........went into connected clients it had 2 separate mac addresses.......... how do i get rid of it as its still there. "

It should disappear from the connected-clients list when its lease expires which is usually between two hours and two days. As you've changed the wireless password then you don't need to worry.

MATTY36 12:06 22 Feb 2015

Hi , thanks for the replies. I do have a wireless printer which isn't/wasn't powered on. I changed my router password yesterday and logged in again this morning with the new password- the "other" mac address is there again and says it connected a number of seconds before my sony viao di ?.I know my neighbor has hidden his ssidd and was wondering if its him as it doesn't state a network name? It reads as follows: sonyviao78-DD-08-BD-26-EC 192.168.1.2 23 hours, 51 minutes, 56 seconds 00-19-FB-A4-28-1A 192.168.1.3 23 hours, 49 minutes, 08 seconds i don't have anything else currently connected apart from my sky box though surely the address should register as secret-squirrel's did?

Secret-Squirrel 12:21 22 Feb 2015
Answer

"the "other" mac address is there again and says it connected a number of seconds before my sony viao di ?..............It reads as follows: .......................00-19-FB-A4-28-1A"

Your "other" MAC address belongs to Sky. I think you've been using an unreliable lookup site - try this one instead.

MATTY36 12:32 22 Feb 2015

Thanks a lot secret-squirrel, i was using google funnily enough. just shows eh? thanks again for the response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?