Some positive feedback

Baz48 13:53 03 Aug 2007

Just to add some light amongst the gloom: two weeks ago I purchased a high end base system from Cougar Extreme Systems of Nottingham. I contacted them beforehand re several questions and got through immediately to receive knowledgable replies.

The system (a customised one) was ordered on Monday afternoon and I was telephoned on Wednesday to say that it would arrive on Thursday, which it did at 9.00am.

At the same time I ordered a Benq 24" monitor from OYYY.co.uk on Wednesday at 4.00pm and that arrived at 9.30am on Thursday.

Both pieces of equipment were perfect out of the box and the PC had extra bits of software that were not mentioned on purchase. Well done to both companies.

Stuartli 14:00 03 Aug 2007

Just enough time to set up the system before connecting the monitor...:-)

Good assemble and delivery time on the Cougar order.

Baz48 14:11 03 Aug 2007

I was hanging on a bit with ordering the monitor as I didn't want to run over the seven day distance selling thingy without testing it. I was expecting Cougar to take at least a week but ordered the screen as soon as Cougar phoned.

The main thing is they are both working Ok however long it takes to arrive.

robbiepaul79 14:19 03 Aug 2007

sounds great, thats some monitor you got there

Im thinking about cougar for my next purchase, only thing that worries me is that PC technology flies past so fast i dont want to find myself paying an arm and a leg every 2 years updating.

Baz48 14:34 03 Aug 2007

Yes, the trouble is, if you wait for the next great technology, you will never purchase anything.

You just have to bite the bullet and get something that you can at least upgrade with a processor or new graphics card, say 18 months down the line.

Probabilitydrive 14:44 03 Aug 2007

Baz48,is your monitor a BenQ FP241W 24" LCD ? I'm in the process of replacing my NEC and the Benq has consistently received good reviews. How satisfied are you with it?

Baz48 15:12 03 Aug 2007

I have the FP241WZ which has the "perfect motion" technology. It arrived with no pixel problems and worked straight out of the box. On Dab's site this was listed cheaper than the older model, although I purchased from OYYY.

Next to my 19" Hansol CRT it is huge and lights the room up. I have the brightness set on 50%. I can't fault the build quality with the stand etc and I'm very particular about those things.

The resolution of 1950 x 1200 means that text is very small and along with the brilliance is the reason for the 50% brightness. 24" of bright white screen is, well, bright.

I don't watch DVD's on my monitor so can't comment on the "Perfect Motion" technology. I am about to put Flight Sim on the PC and a couple of games, so if this interests you I can report back.

In short, it is everything all the reviews say it is and hopefully I am future-proofed for quite a while.

Probabilitydrive 15:25 03 Aug 2007

Pleased to hear about your positive impression and thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?