Software for Sharing files, information, etc

The Ghost of Inept Pig 13:54 20 Nov 2007

'lo all,

I am very much wanting some software that I can use to set up an information exchanges of sorts - files, general information, etc (and not a forum) - I imagine that some kind of Wiki would be the best route, but does anyone have preferences as to which I should use? Or if there's any other kind of software that handles this kind of thing better than Wiki does?

I've got an old version of Sharepoint at my disposal, and suppose that this could do if there's nothing else - but it feels incredibly clunky, and I can't imagine that it's the best thing out there for this.

The files wouldn't be anything more exotic than your standard MS Office documents.

Ideally this would be highly customisable by relatively untechie people, with different levels of access for different levels of people...

Cheers

Mark5001 05:30 22 Nov 2007

click here

File Share Pro is a good personal server tool that will allow you to share files from a chosen directory on your HDD. You can set level of access passwords and only need to send your contacts an address to type into any browser. I have used it since vesion 2 and have had no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?