Skype or Google talk

agostini 13:43 24 Jan 2006

Hi any sugestions as to having Skype or Google talk?

I also read that Ebay are to buy out Skype.

Any thoughts on this please

spuds 13:47 24 Jan 2006

eBay already own Skype, and according to reports,Skype is very good.

john-231489 16:08 24 Jan 2006

Hi agostini
I have been using skype for about a year now to contact relatives and friend around the world. I have not had any problems with it and find it very cheap.

Forum Editor 16:19 24 Jan 2006

so I'll move it across now.

Stuartli 16:47 24 Jan 2006

So cheap in fact that it costs me nothing to use...

I talk to my daughter in the Cayman Islands, complete with video link, and it's like being in the same room with her.

Bingalau 19:45 24 Jan 2006

I have also found Skype to be ideal for my phone calls to friends in Australia; New Zealand and Germany. I initially paid out 10.00 Euros in advance for "Skype Out" (Computer to Phone)and that was about a year ago, I still have about 1.90 Euros in hand and am on the phone constantly. I think it works out at just over 1.1 pence (Sterling) per minute. It is actually free from computer to computer and you can't get better than that! Sadly a lot of my other friends abroad can't be bothered and it costs them a good deal more to phone anywhere. ..Bingalau..

DieSse 22:57 24 Jan 2006

Try Gizmo - it's open source, uses non-proprietary protocols, and is interoperable with GoogleTalk.

It also has no P2P elements in the way it works, so dosen't use any of your system for other peoples calls (unlike Skype).

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?